Monday, June 11, 2012
Hell
I don't think that I have ever been at a low point in my life. I thought that my son getting in trouble as a freshman was a low point, but no...that was only a minor pebble in the road. This is a freight train ride to hell!
Wednesday started off as a good day. It was June 6th...National Running Day.. I had just signed up for the lottery for my first half marathon and made plans to run with my friends later that night. Then minutes later David started getting a fever. He decided to take a shower and lay down. I checked on him and quickly realized this was not a good thing. I started getting the little ones prepared and started tracking down Andrew because I knew this was going to be a long night.
David and I head to the ER at MDA with a fever of 104. We get into the ER quickly and realize that David has a rapid heart rate. Then after they do an EKG he decides to throw up some blood. I start to freak out and tell them his patelets are low and we need to figure out what is going on. They then send us up to ICU. David seems stable but is breathing a little funny. Hes stable enough that I decide to go home to the kids. I get home at 1045 and put the kids to bed.
Next morning the kids and i get here around 1045. The kids have to meet with a social worker before they can see David. I get them all checked in, they meet her and I bring them back. David is still burning up, breathing quickly...he just isn't doing well. I get the kids to the daycare and sit with David. He begins to talk crazy. I am terrified, but trying to keep calm. I get the doctor and he immediately starts getting things going...David begins oxygen but the nose oxygen isn't doing the trick. Th doctor begins to explain the stages of how they use oxygen. I am in for a long night. Kids go to my brother in laws cuz David has asked me to stay becase it is possible he is going to be put on a ventilator tonight.
David is put on a PAP machine. He sleeps about 45 minutes with it and he is doing great...then he rips it off. All the alarms go off. They get him settled again. He sleeps another 45 minutes and again he rips it off. The night ICU doctor starts to talk to me about the ventilator....and I have to tell David.
I sit by his bed and through tears tell him he is going to be have to put on the ventilator....he understands and in 20 minutes I am escorted out of his rooms.
I am right outside his room. I lean up against the wall, I slide down to the floor and lose it. I have not broken down like this during this past 2 months.....I am on the floor rocking and crying. No one can fix this and no one but David can make me feel better....I'm in hell..I've just put my husband on a ventilator! OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE???? Welcome to my personal hell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Annie...I honestly don't know how you keep it together. I pray for you and your family everyday...
ReplyDeleteAnn there is nothing I can say to ease the pain you are feeling; however, if I can do anything rather its come and sit with you..get the kiddos, etc please let me know. I am praying for David, so he can hold you and make it all better! More importantly I am praying for you, that you trust that God has this in His hands and will take care of all of you! No matter the hour please know I will do anything I can to help. I know Md Anderson all too well, and can be there in a moments notice. Hang in there...and know he will JUST PRUITT!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!! Amy Taylor
Stay strong, Ann. I admire you for opening up and posting these blogs. I know it can not be easy to write them. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.
ReplyDeleteLisa Marsh
If you need me to come and sit with you at the hospital, then please call me. I'm here for you and the family. I'm praying for you and the family.
ReplyDeleteJohnetta Stanley
ANN, YOU ARE AN AMAZING STRONG WOMAN,FRIEND ,MOM, AND WIFE. YOUR STRENGTH HAS BEEN AMAZING. AS DAVID CONTINUES TO FIGHT WE KNOW YOU WILL BE STRONG, BUT PLEASE REMEMBER YOU HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO.LEAN ON,IF NEEDED
ReplyDeleteHUGS KELLY
Lots of love to you all!!! Praying daily!!!! I too have no idea how are you holding it together so well! You are so strong! Here for you any time of day, just a ring away! Love Kyla
ReplyDeleteMany prayers for your man and your family!!! I am praying for healing, peace, comfort and strength!!! Krista Surratt Stubbs
ReplyDeletePraying for you Ann, and your whole family !!! You have been on my heart since I heard about this.
ReplyDeleteVickie Wyrick