Tuesday, June 5, 2012
The flu hits .....
Everything is moving along. David's counts are great. He is feeling great. But for some reason Austin is not. W are at Andrew football game and Austin falls asleep. It is weird he NEVER naps. But today he is quiet and falls asleep. Then he wakes up and I realize he has a fever. I give him a Tylenol and try to get him to eat. In a few seconds hes up against the fence throwing up. This kid is sick. We leave the football game and I have David take me to a little doc in the box....the PA says he has a virus....then I explain that David is going thru chem and waiting for a bone marrow transplant and I want him tested for everything.....they test for strep...nothing...the test from flu....Confirmed...flu b. really? At the end of may. Ae you kidding me? This is crazy. Ustinov is too sick to ago to school and I dont have enough days to take Cabrera of him. So with 7 days to go Austin blows his perfect attendance and stays home for 2 days while david...the guy with cancer...the guy with no immune system takes care of them. Well, I get masks on both of them immediately...then first thing Monday mornings I shoot Fe (our nurse at mda) an email and ask what I can do.. She informs me that there is nothing we can do other than lots of hand washing and everyone wearing a mask and that she would see us in a few days at davids next appointment.
Well needless to say we are so lucky and David does not get the fu. Austin gets better and is able to go back to school...all is well at the Pruitt house. Disaster averted....score one for me!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment