Monday, July 9, 2012

Hanging out at md anderson

For the past month I have been hanging out at md anderson. It is amazing the amount of things that you see. As a people watcher I am starting to recognize people. Or I should say cancer patients...leukemia cancer patients that we see 3 to 4 times a week. It is amazing to see the transformation that has taken place. It is not only the transformation I see in my husband, but the transformation that I see in other people. Most of the people that i sit next to in the waiting room are over the age of 65. David and I are some of the youngest people in the room. (thank God that I am not in the Childrens section!!!) I have come to this conclusion during this process.....Cancer does not discriminate....it is an equal opportunist. It hits all races, all socioeconomical backgrounds, all ages, both male and female and it rips the lives apart of everyone it touches. There are not many things in our society today that we can say doesn't discriminate 100%..... But cancer.... Cancer is non discriminatory! And it sucks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment