Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Strength

Where does our strength come from? How is one person stronger than the other? How does one persons strength show and another's doesn't?
Throughout the past four or five months people have been telling me how strong I am. Or they ask me how I can be so strong. I had no idea where it came from nor do I feel strong. It is weird...I just have this over coming feeling that all is ok and i have a peace about the whole thing. I have never understood it and I just figured that it was just the way I was made. That I am good under pressure and able to handle the hard stuff.
Well, today at church it became clear to me. The guest pastor was telling us a story about one of his parishioners .....then it was like he was talking to me.... "Through the darkest moments, the peace and strength you feel is God there with you." ..... It hit me like lightening..this entire time I have had Him with me.
Months ago, I met a little boy, Jackson Godwin. A sweet boy who was here at MDA getting treatment. We exchanged bracelets..I gave him my Just Pruitt bracelet and he gave me his "God is big enough.". I have worn that bracelet everyday...I have gained my strength knowing that this sweet 8 year old gave me his bracelets. I've been praying for him and David....and now I got it re-affirmed that He is with me. Some how it made it easier today. It just explained how I've been able to get through all of this, how I have a calm inner peace about this entire thing.
He is with me and I trust Him!!

4 comments:

  1. Such a good sermon today! Joe and I call those 'frying pan' moments, like it just hits you square in the head. :) Continuing to pray for y'all daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had a frying pan moment! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true and inspiring, I too was in your position, I too felt that calmness and I too felt Him with me at all times. The strength that comes from within is so natural and the peace is overwhelming. My husband was diagnosed with brain cancer 2 years ago and MDA was our home for a while, I completely understand what you are going through. May God bless you and your family. Caregivers are an important part in the journey that God set for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You now know my secret! We all have our frying pan moments, some of us have more than others, but we have to trust in Him that He knows what is best. That was the hardest lesson for me to learn and I still have problems with it. But you my dear, are STRONG and you CAN HANDLE this and WILL come out on the otherside with a POSITIVE result! We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete